Tux Guitar

Problems

Subject CVS Build

JoyFM

hi i tried builing the current cvs version but if i want to execute the binary i get the following error:
"Error occurred during initialization of VM
Could not reserve enough space for object heap"

Julian

mmmm...

what you try to say with "binary" ? the shell script ?

JoyFM

yes the script (tuxguitar.sh and tuxguitar)

Julian

and java didn't make any error log ?

try edit the script file, and comment.. or change:
VM_ARGS="-Xms128m -Xmx128m"

also, if you should remove:
share/services/tuxguitar-coreaudio.jar.. ( that is a native service only for MacOS.. and will throws an exception under linux )

JoyFM

the problem was much easier it seems the were not enough free ram ;)

Julian

So did it work ??

JoyFM

yes, but it seemed quite buggy, a lot of notes/numbers arn't shown (only on playback during they played)

Julian

mmm,

>a lot of notes/numbers arn't shown
did you see any exception on the terminal ?

please tell me, how did you build the app ?
what OS are you using? and java version.

Warning:
tuxguitar.sh and GNUmakefile,
are files to make official "debian" package. (available at debian repositories)
but that files, are for build/run tuxguitar-0.9.1 version.

JoyFM

Hi,
I downloaded the build.xml from cvs update direktory and started ant
java version is :
6u2-1
and jdk version is :
6u2-1 too

I'm running arch linux

el_bot

How to built the cvs version? I did check out the module TuxGuitar from repository CVS. Do I use the built.xml in the root directory or other? What version number should I use? 9.01 ? btw, I have XP. Thanks and I sorry it isn't the place for this question :)

ezp

Hi, I am also having CVS build issues:

init:

build:
[echo] +--------------------------------------------------------------------+
[echo] | B U I L D I N G T U X G U I T A R |
[echo] +--------------------------------------------------------------------+
[javac] Compiling 6 source files to c:midi_guitartuxguitar-cvsTuxGuitarTuxGuitar-cvs-srcbuild

BUILD FAILED
c:midi_guitartuxguitar-cvsTuxGuitarTuxGuitar-cvs-srcbuild.xml:49: The following error occurred while executing this
line:
java.io.FileNotFoundException: c:midi_guitartuxguitar-cvsTuxGuitarTuxGuitar-cvs-srcbuild-${dist.os}.xml (The system
cannot find the file specified)

Total time: 2 seconds

I got the stable (non-CVS) version to build, so I'm not sure why this one is not building... I have the sources extracted as described in prior messages and using the same paths that worked on the other version..

thanks.

Julian

"dist.os" is missing.

>I got the stable (non-CVS) version to build
dist.os wasn't exists on 0.9.1 version.
so you are using build.xml from CVS.
but i think you are using build.properties from 0.9.1 (where the var was called "build.dist" )..
so that's not compat.

you should use All from 0.9 to build tuxguitar-0.9,
or all from CVS to build a CVS release.

ezp

ok, using the compatible build.properties i get the following:

BUILD FAILED
c:midi_guitartuxguitar-cvsTuxGuitarTuxGuitar-cvs-srcbuild.xml:49: The following error occurred while executing this
line:
c:midi_guitartuxguitar-cvsTuxGuitarTuxGuitar-cvs-srcbuild-windows.xml:44: The following error occurred while execut
ing this line:
c:midi_guitartuxguitar-cvsTuxGuitarTuxGuitar-cvs-srcbuild-windows.xml:53: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Input so
urce not set!

Julian

well,
i didn't update build files after last changes on CVS version.. so that's why the problem...
i uploaded changes to CVS now. so this are the build steps:

1*
ant -Ddist.version=any_name (for example "cvs" )

this step, will create a source package:
TuxGuitar-[dist.version]-src.tar.gz cleaning unnecesary files( like CVS folders )
so, uncompress it and go to the new folder.

2*
edit build.properties of the new source folder, and set your OS defaults. and look are paths are right.

3*
ant

that's all.

ezp

thanks, that works.

Julian

To: JoyFM

>a lot of notes/numbers arn't shown
i found that bug yersterday trying run CVS version under "debian". i'm not sure why it don't happends under ubuntu.. i think because libcairo or libgtk version..

however, it's fixed now

bye

Anonymous

LF-The christian shoes is an insanely popular brand. It is why many online retailers the famous genuine ugg boots and selling them at incredibly low prices. It has become a problem for Winter boots. These cheap Christian lacroix are made with synthetic materials. I recommend carries christian shoe in all sizes, they offer free shipping. womens edmonton ugg requires. Ugg boots do cost more, but they are of much higher quality. ugg boots still turn heads. If you are wearing Authentic Christian louboutin online.

Barbour Kids Jackets

ZY-The quilted jackets barbour tough to choose in between ugg snow boots and Just UGG Women's short boots. barbour quilted jackets They are extremely comparable in construction and physical appearance but there are two barbour jacket I have determined among the two brand names of UGG Men's boots and barbour jackets for ladies.UGG Kid's boots look to have a thicker lining inside the barbour jackets than their counterpart so possibly will be a bit.They are also about womens barbour duffle more affordable generally .

ghdrt

Naturally, heels work quite buy christian louboutin in making the legs look longer, however nude heels really go above cheap toms shoes and beyond. This is simply because the nude shoes "christian louboutin shoes" the human eye into believing the legs are longer than louboutin shoes actually are.This is very important because the comfort and weight of the shoe play a big toms shoes coupon in your footwork on the tennis court.A new shoe should really last you about 3-4 weeks christian louboutin sales if you're playing a whole lot.When you are shopping seriously for toms shoes women, you'll find different christian louboutin outlet available. Some offer light weight, others are a little heavier made for

pandora charms

An exciting new practice was created pandora beads pearls and similar
matters pandora beads on sale lampwork Pandora beads and additionally
pandora bracelets You can easlily ponder
which usually pandora charms House of worship always has been
vigilant pandora jewelry magnifying glaas
beads always. pandora necklaces alot of varieties magnifying glaas beads.