Tux Guitar

Problems

Subject Failed to run under linux

Ahmed Toulan

Hi all,
I am running Kubuntu feisty. I installed tuxguitar using the deb package. But when i try to run it using command "tuxguitar" I get the following error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/swt/widgets/Layout

I checked the launching script everything seems fine!

If anyone could help me I would appreciate it very much

Regards,
Ahmed Toulan.

Julian

the problem is java can't found swt.jar.
check if "/usr/lib/java/swt.jar" exists.
that file is at "libswt3.2-gtk-java" what is a dependency of the tuxguitar ubuntu package.
or did you installed the "debian" package ?

Ahmed Toulan

I installed it using the debian package. I also did "ls -l /usr/lib/java/swt.jar"

and it gave me :
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 14 2007-05-04 10:47 /usr/lib/java/swt.jar -> swt3.2-gtk.jar

Which means that the jar files exist?

I really don't know what to do..

Julian

So, that's the problem.
you installed "debian" package.. and the launcher script, has different paths, because swt.jar under debian is installed on "/usr/share/java/" and under ubuntu at "/usr/lib/java"

so you need edit the file /usr/bin/tuxguitar and set correct paths.
but you also will have similar problems with "itext.jar" and tuxguitar share path..

so i suggest you uninstall that package, and install the .deb package builded specially for ubuntu-feisty.

Ahmed Toulan

I uninstalled swt and tuxguitar and reinstalled them again everything is working fine now :)
Thanx a lot for this cool app

yannack

Hi!
Just installed, and I had this error message too!
$ tuxguitar
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/swt/widgets/Layout
This is how I fixed:
I installed from the official debian unstable repository (I have a debian). I checked, and I do have a usr/share/java/swt.jar file, pointing to /etc/alternatives/swt.jar which is also a link
However this swt.jar link was pointing to an unexisting file /usr/share/java/swt-gtk-3.2.1.jar, so doing as root:
ln -s /usr/share/java/swt-gtk-3.2.2.jar swt.jar solved it !
Hope this helps someone