Tux Guitar

Problems

Subject Unavailable Soundbank Error + other problem

kenan

How come I can't have 2 Tuxguitars open? When i do i get unavailable soundbank error when i click play. Also when i open tuxguitar and something like youtube, either youtube sound doesnt work or i also get an Unavailable Soundbank Error.

Julian

are you under GNU/Linux ? if yes, try tuxguitar-alsa plugin.

dan

im using windows, and im getting the same error. what should i do?

Julian

Hi,
follow this instructions:
http://www.tuxguitar.com.ar/tgwiki/doku.php?id=doc:error_soundbank

Dan

Thanks alot, got it to work now.

Kreuger

I've tried 2 external soundbanks (one in java-6-sun folder and one in java-6-sun1.6.0.02 folder) and neither work. It still keeps giving me the soundbank error

Julian

mm are you sure java 6 is running as default ?
Do this:
java -version

also try open tuxguitar under a terminal.. and show me the error log when it happends.

Dani

I'm using this java version on linux. All works well but when updating my kernel. I've reinstalled java and the tuxguitar and still doesn't work

Jens

Same for me. I've installed to /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.03/jre/lib/audio and renamed the soundbank to soundbank.gm

Also using a local soundbank.gm in the tuxguitar directory doesn't work.

Environment
Debian Linux 2.6.22-4,
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_03-b05)

Julian

> renamed the soundbank to soundbank.gm
Why rename ?? are you complety sure that is a *.gm file format ??
if you download the soundbank from Sun's page:
http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/sound/soundbanks.html

the downloaded file, is a ".zip" file.
so you need unzip it, and the file will have extension without need rename.

Dani and Jens:
can you try run tuxguitar under a terminal, and paste here the exactly error log when it happends?

Fletch

I get an unavailable soundbank error if I have Rhythmbox open when I open TuxGuitar.

Julian

Try use tuxguitar with timidity

discount louboutins

Don't be overwhelmed when shopping Christian Louboutin Pumps for women's high heel shoes, you don't have to be psychic to know which heels will be wearable. You must avoid the killer heels that rub in every direction and kill after 10 minutes. When some women buy these killer heels, they get turned off to all heels. There are different discount louboutins heels for different occasions. You can wear some dressier and daring heels with black slacks Christian Louboutin Slingbacks to work, under discount christian louboutin shoes flirty cheap christian louboutin skirts to a party, or even thrown under jeans for a trip to the mall. Always walk around the shoe store with both heels on before making Christian Louboutin Sneakers your decision. The heels that surprise you with their comfort are the heels that will last you in the office or on the dance floor. If you love them, get them