Tux Guitar

Problems

Subject Problem with the PageLayout using vertical taskbar

joe

Hi, firstly thank you for the great application!
Anyway, I have a bit annoying problem: I am using a vertical taskbar, so not all the theoretical width of the screen is available. But TuxGuitar seems not to check it, and in the Page Layout mode that I would like to use the page has always a width of the screen resolution. Thus, I cannot see an entire line.
There is a screenshot here: [URL=http://img210.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tuxguitarbi3.png][IMG]http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/1180/tuxguitarbi3.th.png[/IMG][/URL]
I thought the problem was solved in the CVS version, but I've just compiled it, and the behavior is still the same.

Julian

Hi, thanks for post this bug... it's fixed now.

it was caused, because the PageLayout was talking the size of the Monitor bounds.. but it must take the monitor "client area"

download and build again the CVS version to see the changes..

Bye

joe

Sorry man, but I've just rebuilt the CVS version and the problem seems to be still there.
With the Page Layout, when I resize the window the tablature is not repainted (as I think it should be), and it remains always based on the monitor width.
Thank you again.
Federico

Julian

mmm i think we talk about different things.
the tablature is allways repainted when you rezise.. ( if it don't, you will see a white screen only )
but the pageLayout "size" will not change on rezise.
you should see "scrollbars" enabled if the window size is lesser than the monitor area size.

so if you have "maximized" window. .you shouldn't see the vertical scrollbar enabled..
do you see it ???

joe

Ok, you're right: now when the window size is less than the monitor width the scrollbar is enabled and it moves to show the part that is being played.
I was thinking on another way to solve the problem: to change the pageLayout "size" when the window width changes, so that there is no need to use the scrollbar...just an idea.
Thank you, dude!