Tux Guitar

Problems

Subject Terrible sound whilst playing tp4 files

Reesy

I've just set up TuxGuitar and when i open guitar pro files the sound is terrible and sound out of tune. When i open the file in Dguitar it sounds fine just in TuxGuitar

Julian

Hi,
Curioslly the same problem was posted this week.. (but never before)
i'm trying to see what can be the problem..

can you tell me what OS, Java and tuxguitar version have you installed ?

Anonymous

My OS is Ubuntu gutsy gibbon, my version is 0.9, and well for my Java i have sun Java 5.0 and i read somewhere on here about downloading the sound file of the java web site so i got the deluxe and configured Tux Guitar's sound to use custom sound bank "Soundbank-deluxe.gm", I read somewhere that its a hardware issue but if so how can i play other music plus when i go into tux and put in notes it plays back fine but when i open a guitar pro file and play it it sounds terrible :S

Reesy

oh...and its not just gp4 files it seems to be all guitar pro files

Julian

>oh...and its not just gp4 files it seems to be all guitar pro files
Yes the exactly same problem was described this week.

It seem's to be the "pitch bend" midi messages.. ( needed to play effects like bend, tremolo bar, vibrato and slides )
a pitch bend message is sended by the app to set a middle status.. so it don't mathers if your file contains one of that effects..
but i don't know, why it happends only on some sistems. ( i'm also have ubutnu gutsy and it don't happends to me )

a little question..
i had "sound" problems after upgrade from feisty to gutsy..( e.g Alsa didn't record anithing from mi MIC.. and a lot of games didn't have sound ), then i fixed it.
did you make an upgrade from feisty ??

For the moment, i can offer you tuxguitar-alsa plugin + timidty (available at repositories ) as solution

Bye