Tux Guitar

Problems

Subject CVS version - cant save GP* files correctly

Adrian Efes

In current CVS when you save tab in GuitarPro format (tried only v5 and v4) it comes out messed up. Reading these files created in GuitarPro is OK, but when I save them in TuxGuitar it's complete mess.

I know its CVS version, so I can't expect everything working just fine - I just want to let you know about this problem in case you haven't noticed yet.

Julian

Hi,
i was testing about, and found a problem when try to open gp5 files (maded by tuxguitar) on GP v5.00. ( this bug is fixed now )
but i don't found any problem with GP4 files.
can you give me more details about ?

Bye

Afro

I have fresh CVS build and I can't open some tg files and any gp4 or 5 files. There is also nothing in import/export submenu nor plugins windows.

It says:
afro@mrok:~/Desktop/taby$ tuxguitar
org.herac.tuxguitar.io.base.TGFileFormatException: Nie da się otworzyć: file:/home/afro/Desktop/taby/B.tg
at org.herac.tuxguitar.gui.actions.file.FileActionUtils.open(Unknown Source)
at org.herac.tuxguitar.gui.actions.file.OpenFileAction$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: org.herac.tuxguitar.io.base.TGFileFormatException: Unsupported file format
at org.herac.tuxguitar.io.base.TGSongLoader.load(Unknown Source)
... 3 more
org.herac.tuxguitar.io.base.TGFileFormatException: Nie da się otworzyć: file:/home/afro/Desktop/taby/blood_brothers_ver3.gp4
at org.herac.tuxguitar.gui.actions.file.FileActionUtils.open(Unknown Source)
at org.herac.tuxguitar.gui.actions.file.OpenFileAction$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: org.herac.tuxguitar.io.base.TGFileFormatException: Unsupported file format
at org.herac.tuxguitar.io.base.TGSongLoader.load(Unknown Source)
... 3 more

Julian

That is because you don't have the plugins.

When you do: ant -Ddist.version=blabla
the build.xml generate a clean source ( remove all unnecesary files, and precompiled packages ).

So you builded the main app "TuxGuitar", but now you need build ( or get prebuilded packages from CVS ) the plugins.
see at "share/plugins" folder of your builded package. and see the same folder of your tuxguitar CVS folder.

The first error you show me, will be fixed if you add "tuxguitar-compat.jar" to share/plugins.
( this plugin make file format compatibility beetween tuxguitar versions )

and for GP files, you need tuxguitar-gtp.jar

Bye

Afro

It works, thank you. As I compiled tg form cvs several months ago plugins just installed themselves, so I was a bit confused today.
btw. I found gp5.00 file, that can't be opened by tg.
http://members.lycos.co.uk/geomancer/BUA096.gp5

Julian

Ok, i'll see the file. Thanks

Adrian Efes

Ok I did some further testing. Problem occurred only when I open GP5 file created in GuitarPro 5.0 and then saved it in TuxGuitar. Julian maybe it was connected with problem you wrote above. I'll try newest CVS version ASAP and let you know.

Adrian Efes

So the problem is still the same even with the newest CVS version of gtp plugin...

Julian

mmm well.
can you send me the problematic file please ? to:
julian < AT > casadesus < DOT > com < DOT > ar