Tux Guitar

Problems

Subject Tux Guitar - Cannot Print tabs

Anonymous

Ok so whenever I try to print a tab using tuxguitar nothing happens except the program goes non respondent and i have to wait 10 mins trying to close it.

Any know the problem and how to fix it?
I'm using a Canon MP510 printer if it helps.

Thanks alot

Julian

Hi,
What tuxguitar version and distribution do you have installed ??

Anonymous

This i think:

Latest Version 1.0-rc2
Windows-x86 Excelsior JET Native Release
This is a native package compiled with Excelsior JET. It doesn't need a Java Runtime installed on your system.

Julian

Ok, i'm trying fix the problem (if it's what i think)

BaC

hi! im also using the latest release, 1.0 rc3, on ubuntu 7:10, and i cant get it to print. couldnt get the old version to print either. when i click the print icon, then ok the dialogue nothing happens. the program doesnt even hang!

Julian

TuxGuitar (ubuntu .deb package ) can't print anything because the SWT version available at ubuntu repositorioes.
swt-3.2, just don't implement printers under GNU/Linux

swt-3.3 implemented it, but there is a little bug on newest GTK versions ( it affect ubuntu ) :)
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=206095
I reported the bug, and sended a patch to fix the problem..
but ofcourse the patch was added on 3.4 development version.

So the only solution i can give you, is by downloading a generic GNU/Linux package of tuxguitar ( what have SWT-3.4M5 included )

Or just wait for ubuntu.. but i can confirm you, Hardy still using older swt-3.2 version ( i don't think they change it on next 10 days )

BaC

ah, ok. i thought it was something wrong with my system! Good work with the program, i will try your work around! thankyou!