Tux Guitar

Problems

Subject [BUG] TuxGuitar rc2 remember notes

Fabioamd87

I've noticed a little bug very difficoult to explain.
I'm writing a tab and i noticed that tuxguitar play notes that i've deleted, for exampla if I start the song in a place when there is a drum i can clear hear a starting tom!
and now i've written a note in middle of some pause, delete it and I still hear it!

i dont know why he remember or put instruments where there isn't....

using Linux ubuntu hardy on timidity server, eawpath and i have a sound blaster audigy 1

Fabioamd87

here an example of this weirdness
a ghost note, we can hear it but it isn't written is at the end of 122 and at the first note of 107
http://www.2shared.com/file/3014273/7dce884e/ourcan2.html

Julian

Hi, i downloaded the file, but i couldn't reproduce the bug.
i heard some notes at 122 and 107, but that notes exists on the song.

Fabioamd87

yes i've noticed that is wrong written in 107, my error sorry, but i also noticed that if you change it in 775 you hear the same song wrong... weird...

Fabioamd87

Sorry, i don't know why i've said to you 122, the tab is still on development and from 125 is completenly wrong...
i would to say 112 :)
tanks

Julian

Ok, i could see the problem on:
Track: 1 Measure: 112

It isn't a "Ghost" note. it's just a "tied" note on next non empty measure ( See at measure 126 on 5 String. )

ofcourse it's a bug, because you shouldn't heard any sound if there is a "silence" beetween the note (from 112) and the tied note ( from 126 ).

I fixed it on CVS version now.
Thanks for report!

bye

Fabioamd87

I don't undertand well why i can hear this note, and a tied note should be tied with the next not the first? is this the problem?

anyway im happy that we've found a bug

Fabioamd87

another problem is if you star the tab in any position you hear an initial sound that isn't in the tab, for example if you go where there isn't a clean guitar you can still hear it
from 66 to 54, same where there is a drum, if you star with space you initially hear a drum sound

Anonymous

mmm try to start with space from 127... there should be a drum tom...
i hope is the same bug, but is not probably because i didn't use tied notes in drum track

Julian

> I don't undertand well why i can hear this note
When you have a tied note, that tied note continue the sound of previous note.
On the case of your file, you have a tied note on measure 126 at "5" string. and because the bug (don't look for silences before ) it continue the sound of the measure 112, 5 string. what is the "6" fret.
if you test remove 3 notes at that string, so you will heard the sound of previous measure on same string ( 7 fret )

> another problem is if you star the tab in any position you hear an initial sound
If i understand well, that is a "Real Time Sequencer" (from java sound api) bug.
with "TuxGuitar Sequencer" that shouldn't happen.
but i still recommend you to use "Real Time Sequencer" because it need lower CPU ussage than "TuxGuitar Sequencer"