Tux Guitar

Problems

Subject [BUG]TuxGuitar rc2 don't save correctly powerchord

Fabioamd87

Always with the tab that i'm writing.
There is some weirdness.... for example in 63,(same in 111) if i make 755 from E hight to E low (sorry here in italy have other name i don't know how to say) an when i save close and reopen i get the same 557...

in 59 i hear the notes also if i change to 775

and from 126 to 133 the issue is really big...
we should here the same sound for 2 mesure, but when i save and reopen everyting change!

plase help me, is really frustraing this problem :(

Julian

Hi,
that is a several bug already fixed on CVS version.
i suggest you use .tg file format to save your files now
next rc3 ( and i hope last fefore 1.0 stable ) will be released next week.

If you want continue saving to gp*, i can only tell you why the bug happends.
GP file format, need save the beat notes on "strings" order ( from 1 To 6 ).
if you write first the 6 string and then the 1, so you will see the bug.
bug if you write it in order, you will solve it.

Fabioamd87

ahhh i'm happy that this is a know bug and can be resolved :)

then tuxguitar have this own format? nice, it is open i hope?
good i can temporanly use this, i hope that there will not be after passing to tuxguitar format to gp format

By and Tanks for all

Julian

Yes tuxguitar has his own file format since the first 0.1 release ( ofcourse it had a lot of changes with the time )
and it will be allways the best alternative to edit files with tuxguitar, because other formats don't support same features (e.g: GP format don't have "double dotted" support )

> it is open i hope?
ofcourse (if you mean "open source")
The file format is part of the tuxguitar project, so it have the same LGPL license
It's also the only fileformat included on tuxguitar as default. ( other available file-formats are different plugin projects, and tuxguitar don't depends on them to compile or run )

> i hope that there will not be after passing to tuxguitar format to gp format
A file-format importer just load a "song" into the application.
once loaded, the file-format have no more effect.
So it don't mather how did you load it. you should save the file (as a new song) to another format without problems.
the only problem you can found ( as i tell you before ) is if your "song" has any feature not supported by the file-format.

Keen

I had the same problem with doublestops and had had to "disguise" with my 2-3 into 3-2 so it was saved properly. =) The bug was with all GP formats.

Also i`ve encountered some little problems, that I`m unsure it deserves an separate topic so..
When saving to GP5, my artifical harmonics had disappeared.

When chosing the format in "save" dialog, the extension isn`t changing. One can trash a file this way.

Experienced some strange things with triplets, especially with removing the triplet, which i was unable to do.

How can i enter the note that have no score duration (but has short one when played) - that isn`t the grace note i
guess...For example, i need a slide between 2 notes to be done in triplet, but need it only to take one note of the triplet. Found no way.

Julian

> I had the same problem....
Sure, it's same bug fixed on CVS version. you'll see changes on next release.

> my artifical harmonics had disappeared.
As i told on my previous post, not all file-formats support same features. GP* has harmonic support, but not as tuxguitar need. If you want don't lose nothing, you must save on .tg file format.

> When chosing the format in "save" dialog, the extension isn`t changing
The format you can choose on the dialog, is only a "filter".
to save on .tg file format you must save the file as "yourFileName.tg"

> Experienced some strange things with triplets, especially with removing the triplet, which i was unable to do.
i can't understand.. what's exactly the problem ?
did you try click on tripplet button ?

> How can i enter the note that have no score duration...
That isn't supported by tuxguitar yet.

Anonymous

The harmonics has been saved in GP4 however ..
You mean, the GP exporter plugin is not finished for all formats ?
I guess, we can`t expect GP will adopt it`s format to TG needs =)

>The format you can choose on the dialog, is only a "filter".
I mean that the extension must be selected along with the "filter" selection. Windoze is old school, and depending on extensions to determine the file type.

The problem with the triplet was that i was unable to remove the triplet without deleting some notes from it. The measure was filled up and TG cannot extend it, and remove the triplet.
These "rigid" measures isn`t really easy to use.

Keen

Eh, that was me +)

Julian

> You mean, the GP exporter plugin is not finished for all formats ?
No, I mean tuxguitar is not guitar pro, it try to load/save gp* files but ofcourse there will limitations.
As i told before, the best example is the "double dotted" feature. you will never able to save a double dotted duration on GP5 or lesser file format
By other hand, about the "finished" word...
i think the "end" became the "start" when a bug present :d
i'm sure gtp plugin will be changed on the furure :)

> I mean that the extension must be selected along with the "filter" selection
That's what i want, but i can't access the OS open/save dialog filter to now what extension was selected.
i only get a "filename" after the dialog closed. So the extension is used to know what file format what be used to save the file.
But don't worry, tuxguitar don't see for an extension on load time. ( you can rename the extension of any file and tuxguitar will open it without problems )

> The measure was filled up and TG cannot extend it
Well, that's ilegal on "musical" terms.
you can't "never" extend a measure if you don't change the time-signature