Tux Guitar

Problems

Subject double tempo for a measure (3/8+4/8)?

giovanni

Hello.

I have this issue to solve.

-I have to write a measure of a total tempo of 7/8.

-I want it to sound like (in 16ths) "tarara-tarara" "tara-tara-tara-tara" (in terms of accents), so like if it was a 3/8 + 4/8 tempo measure.

-I would really prefer not to split this measure into two different measures with different tempos: it would look really too messy because the measure (which is a frequently repeated one) would become too short! And also because there are already enough tempo changes.

If I write 7/8 at the beginning and fill the measure with 16ths it sounds "tara-tara-tara-tara-tara-tara-tara".
Even if I put a strong accent on the 4th note it still sounds unnatural, not like if it was really "tarara-tarara" like id like it to be!

I would like them also to "group" visually on the score as 3+3+4+4: right now I get a 4+4+4+2.

Do I have a way to get it done?

Julian

If i understand what you mean, i think you should use triplets.
"tarara" should be 3 8th triplet notes, instead of 1 quarter beat.
and "tara" should be 2 8th normal (not triplet) notes.

on this case, you should use a "6/4" measure.

I'm not exactly sure how do you want "tara" sound.

but if you maybe want heard it with same rhytmn as "tarara" try to add "tripplet feel".

giovanni

Thank you.

I have just tried it but that is not really what I mean.

If I write it like you suggest it does not sound right.

There are no triplets.

Its much more simple.

It is 6 16ths with accents on the first and on the fourth note (tarara-tarara -ta is accent and ra is no accent-) and then tara-tara-tara-tara, 8 16ths, or taaa-taaa-taaa-taaa 4 8ths as well (actually is 4 8ths, but I didnt want to make confusion so i said everything in 16ths).

It sounds right if I write 2 different measures of 3/8 and 4/8 separately, but I think there is the need to merge these two measures into one!

giovanni

...but if i merge em into one of 7/8 I dont longer hear tarara tarara tara tara tara tara but I hear tara tara tara tara tara tara tara all plain!

Johnny

TuxGuitar works fine (as I thought, but anyway I tested it now). The problem is in you. I don't know how do you want the 7/8 accentuated, 123-1234 or 123-12-12 (on "1" is the accentuated, louder note). Just put the accents properly and it will be good.

It isn't bug...

Julian

Hey Johnny... he didn't say it's a bug :)

He just ask for help to write what he want.. but's hard to understand something muscial by reading a plain text.

I'm sure if we can listen the sounds, it'll very easy to understand what he mean :)

giovanni

Thank you guys!
In a few days my father wants to buy an MP3 recorder...maybe when he does I can record what I mean on the guitar and send you?

axetone@yahoo.com

I am experiencing the same with the locked in bar timing (per measures).

Additionally, I am experiencing 'rests' being placed inside the measure...which normally appear to decrease as I fill out the measure...but each additional measure adds exponentially more rests ->which forces me to use notation that i dont want (i.e. instead of quarter notes, it only allows me to put in 16th notes.

ANY HELP = mucho apprecianado!
axetone