Tux Guitar

Problems

Subject LilyPond - Alternate Endings

Mark Clark

I've noticed a problem with the coding of alternate endings in the exported LilyPond file. TuxGuitar provides for alternate endings of a repeated section but that information isn't correctly output in the LilyPond code. The repeated section comes through properly but not the alternate endings.

Currently, the LilyPond code includes the first alternate ending inside the repeat {} brackets and just codes the second ending as a new measure following the repeat.

I get LilyPond output like this...

ais83 b82 c'82 cis'82 d'82 c'82 ais83 b82
g43 4 g,46 f'81 fis'81
}
g43 4 g,46 d44
8 g83~ g83 g83 4 g83 a83

when I should see alternate endings like this...

ais83) b82 c'82 cis'82 d'82 c'82 ais83 b82
} alternative {{g43 4 g,46 f'81 fis'81 }
{g43 4 g,46 d44} }
8 g83~ g83 g83 4 g83 a83

LilyPond understands that the repeat bar closes the first alternative measure and not the last measure in the repeat block.

Thanks so much for doing this and caring about nice looking printed output.

- Mark

Mark Clark

I see that the backslash characters are removed before the post is made so my examples don't make as much sense as I'd like. But the TuxGuitar developers are obviously brilliant so it is my hope that they'll understand my meaning.

- Mark

Julian

The lilypond exporter is in a simple status yet. ( it needs a lot of work ).

Alternate Endings support was not included yet on the plugin. so that's why you see a "repeat" instead of "alternative ending"

Mark Clark

Thanks, Julian. Actually the plugin has a lot of usability already. The nice thing is that the LilyPond output can be tweaked by hand until all the TuxGuitar features are implemented.

- Mark

Some Guy

i don´t get how alternative endings work... someone wanna explain a bit please?
i don´t know if this is the answer to the question i just asked but when u mark a repeat , say 3 times, and u want just a small change on the 4th time, is it possible to do that small change in any way instead of rewriting it all?

Thank you for your time// Me

Some guy

Please email your answer about the message i just wrote to
adam-adizz@hotmail.com

Julian

Some Guy, nobody will compose a mail to send you the answer.
this is a forum, and the idea is that anybody could find the answer here.

now your thing..
if you want play 3 times the same thing, and then make a different ending for the last repeat, you need to do something like:
| allways play segment | endings 1,2,3 | ending 4 |

Where "endings 1,2,3", click the first measure of this section, click the "Alternative Repeats" button. and select "1,2,3", press Ok.
then go to the first measure of your ending 4. click again "Alternative Repetas" and select "4"