Tux Guitar

Problems

Subject Font sizes and layout?

dukun

Hi-- first off, love the program: thanks for all the work you've put into it.

A couple of questions/suggestions on how the program displays tabs:

1. All the fonts are sized incredibly small and I looked but couldn't find where to either resize the font, or even to zoom into the window to magnify the entire tab. Does this feature exist and I've just missed it? (the font size is especially straining when printing)

2. Is it possible to set the window to a 'liquid' style, such that the lines of notation will fit within the window horizontally and thus eliminating the horizontal scroll bars?

Thanks for your help and feedback :)

Note: Am running Tux v. 1.0RC3 on a G4 Mac running OSX 10.4.9

Julian

Hi,

1: you can configure it from menu: "Tools -> Settings" at "Styles" tag

2: I really don't understand this point ( my english isn't good... ) what "liquid" style means ?

dukun

Thanks Julian-- I'm grateful for your quick feedback...

Found the styles tag (um, silly me).

What I mean by "liquid" is having widths which adjust to the window size. In web design terms, "liquid" layouts will expand/shrink with the window size (always taking up the entire window area. The opposite (again, in the web-design world) is "fixed", where the content will be styled to a "fixed" size, say 600px X 400 px such that the content will always be rendered to that size, no matter how big or small the user has their browser window.

On the version of Tux i'm using, the tab I'd be looking at always carries on past my window border (bringing up the horizontal scroll bar) unless I have my window open to fill the entire screen. Does this make sense? What I'm wondering is if it's possible to have it so that the tab will always fit horizontally, and the only scrolling would be up and down (vertically).

Thanks again Julian,

D

Julian

It's supposed, tuxguitar take the size of your screen with.
if you have tuxguitar maximized, you don't should see any horizontal scroll ( ofcourse, on "page" layout )
The only exeption, is if you have a several big measure, what tuxguitar can't reduce the size.

So. if you have tuxguitar maximized, and you see more than 1 measures peer line, it means it's a bug.
Do you have any way to show me an screenshot of your problem ?

Landy67

Hi All,

I'm trying to use the program on Windows XP but it's too hard to read the TAB's on the screen. I tried changing the font size, but the staff size doesn't change size so the numbers interfere with each other.

Does that happen on the Linux version as well? Is there a way to change the size of the staff and numbers to make it easier to read from a distance?

Thanks

eppelpai

I want to know the same thing, even if the font is resized to a larger size, the tabs remain the same small size. its rather difficult to read on a normal distance.

Mantula

I've had the same problem, and started to experiment with the fonts on my Mac. Different fonts behave differently, so it seems. My best results on screen so far have proved to be Courier Bold 12, Lucida Grande Bold 10, and Myriad Pro 12.

The boldface makes up for readability, while the size often compensates for the font's specific vertical alignment.

I've yet to start printing, and YMMV.

Angga

i've had another problem

when i opened tuxguitar, it works but the horizontal line that show the strings of the guitar doesn't appear

can anyone help me to show the horizontal line?

Anonymous

i can't see any notes other than the low E when i change the font size.
dos anyone know how to change the overall size??

Manuel (Spain)

Congratulations.

My problem/suggestion: the default size is too small.
If I change it, then I can't see the chords because the line spacing remains the same.

Same problem with chord diagrams, too small.

Thanks.

gazzaj

I've found if you choose EXPORT and send your file to PDF Tux actually prints it out a lot larger than if you just choose print to PDF from the print menu.
This is especially good if you just want to print the Tab Score.
You can also export the file as a midi file to compliment the PDF file.