Tux Guitar

Problems

Subject Tuxguitar doesn't save correctly

Tha J Dogg

Maybe it's just me who's having this problem, but the newest version of tuxguitar doesn't save some measures of one of my files correctly. Some of the notes on the strings are transposed, and changes I make to some measures don't seem to be taking effect. I'm happy to provide a file that shows the problem if no one else has seen this.

Tha J Dogg

For the record, I'm seeing this with 1.0-rc2 as packed in Debian unstable. Was it fixed in 1.0-rc3?

Tha J Dogg

Okay, I tried rc3, and it's partially fixed -- the notes are correct, but it's not saving my alternative repeats.

Julian

Hi,

> Some of the notes on the strings are transposed
This is a known bug. see "change log" of 1.0-rc3:
"Fix a several GTP exporter bug" ( is about this bug fixed )

> but it's not saving my alternative repeats.
What file format are you using ??
don't alternative repeats saved on ".tg" file format ?

Tha J Dogg

I was saving in gp4 format. Is that format supposed to support alternative repeats? When I save them in .tg format, they are retained.

Julian

Yes but no :)..

gp3 and gp4 file format, has alternative repeats support.
but as the way they are stored, tuxguitar can't save on that format. ( but it can read ).

On that format, you can set alternative for repetas 1 to 8 continuosly. i mean, e.g: 1 To 4 (1,2,3,4)
On tuxguitar you may have something like: 1,4 (without 2 and 3)
This make we can read alternative repetas from gp3, gp4..
but we can't write them.

Tha J Dogg

Got it. Thanks for the quick replies. I've switched to saving in tg format (don't know why I was using gp4 before), and all is well.

Mark Clark

I noticed this behavior too but then I realized I wasn't saving in .tg format. Since I'm trusting the TuxGuitar developers with my work, I realized that the .tg format would have been devised to work best with the TuxGuitar program.

It's funny that the reason I first discovered TuxGuitar quite some time ago was because I was searching for some program that would read/import a GuitarPro file from the Net. Since I don't own a copy of GuitarPro, I see no reason to create any new files in that format.

I always save my work as a .tg file and, of course, export to LilyPond.