Tux Guitar

Problems

Subject Tempo problems

Iceman350

I am running tuxguitar 1.0RC3 on mac osx. I opened a few tabs both guitar pro and powertab, no problem, but when i wanted to write a riff down, the tempo wouldnt change. I clicked tempo, the little dialogue box came up, and I changed it, clicked ok, but nothing happened. Any help is appreciated.

Julian

Does the tempo number at the score changed ?

iceman350

Nope, i found that if i move the tempo using the scroll it does work, but its a bit annoying.

Julian

Moving the scroll ?
i can't understand what you mean..
the tempo, must be setted "where" you did it.
But you need check the options when you add the tempo:

1) Apply this tempo to the whole song
It means, add it from begin to end. so the tempo will be setted at first measure, and will remove any other existent tempo on next measures.

2) Apply this tempo to the end
It will add the tempo, on "current" measure, and will remove any other existent tempos on next measures.

3) Apply this tempo to the next tempo marker.
It will add the tempo on "current" measure, but will "not" remove next existent tempos.

A. Dude

How do you create a "tempo marker"? Every time I change the tempo it changes it for the whole song so I can't have different parts of the song at different tempos. Any suggestions would be appreciated. And by the way I have Tux on Windows and OSX so if any solutions for either are discovered I would like to know.

Julian

When you change the tempo, the window have 3 options.

* Apply this tempo to the whole song
* Apply this tempo to the end
* Apply this tempo to the next tempo marker

if you have "to the whole song" selected, so it will remove all other tempo markers..

if you use "to the end" it will not remove previous tempo markers, but will remove next markers..

but if you select "to the next tempo marker" so it will be applied from cursor position, to the next tempo marker ( it will not remove anything )

BLAHMASTER

What he means by "scroll" is you can't type a new value in, you must use the drop down menu, which can be scrolled through. (looking like the number is just changing while you scroll)

Anonymous

Hi, How do you create a tempo marker?