Tux Guitar

Problems

Subject Changing Measure Length? Also, no tabs?

Poop Loops

Hey all, love this program, but I'm still getting used to it.

Let me ask the easy one first: How do I set it so tabs are gone? I can turn off the standard notation, but can't find anything for turning off tabs...

My problem is that my measures are REALLY LONG even though there is nothing on them.

Here's a pic:

[IMG]http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k319/Poop-Loops/tuxguitar.png[/IMG]

Photobucket

I don't know if you use HTML or UBB code, so I posted both. Hope one of them works...

Julian

Hi,

> I can turn off the standard notation, but can't find anything for turning off tabs...
Go to menu: "Track -> Properties"
Or make 2 clicks to the track name/instrument on the footer table.

> My problem is that my measures are REALLY LONG even though there is nothing on them.
This is a bug of tuxguitar-0.9.1 already fixed.
The problem is it calculate the with based on all tracks even when you have "multitrack" disabled.

you have a very older version, so i suggest you download the latest version of tuxguitar.

Poop Loops

Thanks a lot, I'll do that then. :)

Poop Loops

Actually, I went to Track -> Properties and it doesn't have anything about tabs. Yes, I have the new version now.

Julian

With "Track -> Properties" i reply you about the tuning of tabs.
you should see a dialog like the second picture( see the right panel) :
http://www.tuxguitar.com.ar/screenshots.html

or are you talking about other thing ?

Poop Loops

You know how you can turn on or off notes and only see tabs? I want to turn off tabs and only see notes.

Julian

mmm, i think you talk about show/hide tablature ? ( number on tablature are called "notes" too.)
if you want to hide tablature, just go to "View" menu, and make sure "show tablature" isn't checked.

Poop Loops

Thanks, that worked. I didn't have that option with the older version. Thanks for all your help. :)

DL8

wow, that's a new useful feature :) thanks. i really need it because most of my pieces are non-guitar