Tux Guitar

Problems

Subject No sound-Ubuntu 8.04

bobbyc

Everything looks great and I love all the features, but as stated, I have no sound. I searched these forums, installed timidity, but still no luck. When I start tuxguitar from terminal I get "No sound note", but otherwise no errors. From Tools--> Settings--> Sounds, the MIDI port is blank, and there are no options to select anything

Julian

Do you have installed any sound plugin ?

How did you get tuxguitar ?
Is there on "Tools -> Plugins" anything of this plugins ?:
* "Alsa output plugin" ( from tuxguitar-alsa )
* "Java Sount Api plugin" ( from tuxguitar-jsa )

These are 2 default plugins available for GNU/Linux distributions. make sure your package include that plugins

bobbyc

I used Ubuntu's Synaptic Package Manager to install tuxguitar. Those two plugins were not installed, but were available through Synaptic. I installed them and now it plays. Thank you so much

Nosidam

Hi Everybody

Just downloaded tuxguitar through ubuntu 8.04 synaptic Package Manager. I cannot get any sound out of my songs and I tried searching the repositories for the plugins listed above to no avail. Just wondering if anyone knew where I could find another source for those plugins, Or another solution for my MIDI sound issues.

Thanks All

Julian

Note that ubuntu hardy, have a very older version of tuxguitar on repositories.
So you can't found plugins because they didn't exist for that version.
I suggest you download latest version of tuxguitar.

kard

thanks...

MPA

Julian, thanks for your help. I installed tuxguitar-jsa and I changed MIDI Port in Tools --> Settings --> Sound --> MIDI Port to Gervill and I can hear musik. Thanks...

Danny

I only got his working after installing the Timidity package (via Synaptic). Select then MIDI port: Timidity port 0 [129:0]. Choise of sequencer seems irrelevant. I am using Ubuntu 9.10.

sabbath_sun

hey thnx a lot u guys...i've been looking for a soln to this prob for a long time...

Derathor

Worked for me too, thanks!

Nosnbär

Still working with 10.10 (for me)
Just installed tuxguitar-jsa for the Java Sount Api plugin bacaue the Alsa output plugin was already in the patch from the ubuntu-software-center.

Thanks alot!

Anonymous

For me I had to install timidity and then choose timidity port in settings

Anonymous

worked for me, download timidity and change port in settings on pinguy 11.04 thanks

Anonymous

Worked! Thanks, guys.

josh

hey guys I also cannot get my sound to work for tuxguitar I've tried everything I know including above and I cant seem to get it to work. tuxguitar doesnt even show that I have timidity installed when I know I do cause I'm looking at it right now.. but I am running linux mint 11, and I downloaded tuxguitar from the software manager (same with the plugins) any help would be greatly apreciated!

josh

never mind. I reinstalled tuxguitar and now its recognising timidity. yay!