Tux Guitar

Problems

Subject HELP : Looping over a few bars

Jeff

Hi !
Ok, I might be totally dumb.. but I've searched for hours.. and couldn't find how to select, let's say, 2 or 3 bars and play them over-and-over (loop play)

ok, I know how to go to selection mode, and how to select the looping mode in the player window, but I can't find a way to select the bars I want to play ! I've read the doc, but it doesn't say anything about that (The doc SHOULD definetely mention how to do this in the 'playing a song' section )

please help !!!

Julian

TuxGuitar don't support this feature.
this is why you may never find the howto in documentation.

Jeff

O_o ??

Funny... I guess i misunderstood the concept behind TuxGuitar.. I though it was mostly a guitar trainer with a built-in tab editor, like guitar pro
looks like TuxGuitar is more a tab-editor then.
my bad

I found how to copy/paste measures into new documents.. it is..well.. functionnal... even though it's not very convenient, i can work my songs pieces-by pieces

thanks for replying !

Julian

Copy/Paste may not the best solution.
if you want "simluate" this issue
i suggest you use "repeats".
just add a "repeat open" at first measure you want,
and add a "repeat close" ( *100 ) to end measure.

Jeff

I tried that.. but it looks like it doesn't work with the gradual speed increase (no speed increase at each repetition)
so the cut paste solution works better, even though you loose the track's properties..

anyway, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who wants this feature, so let's hope it will be in the next versions ;)

Dweeb

Yes.
I actually thought it would be a basic function in any system that can play midi/tab... I'm shocked.
There should be a mode to switch off the editing and just use it for training.

Jrope

You're not the only one that would dig this feature, but for free software you can't complain. Just hope that these guys could drop this in there someday.