Tux Guitar

Problems

Subject Import annoyances

Tonitrus

Hi.

I've been trying to convert some of my files to Tuxguitar.

I imported, have a bunch of tracks, etc. There is some sort of bug with the timing which I can't offer much information on except to say that notes were getting shifted a 64th early and I had to edit half the song by hand (3-5 tracks, I forget).

At any rate, after having fixed all this, I realized that it imported the guitar as a 7 string (I detune). There isn't a shifter tool handy that I can see, and I can't set it back to a 6 string without it deleting the bottom line. What it looks like I'll have to do is manually and retune the top 6 strings, manually shift each up, then set it back to 6 strings.

Anyway, Powertab has a Shifter tool that lets you shift all notes by a desired amount (string or notewise), and also (I believe) lets you set the tuning on import.

Both of these features would be handy.

(Tuxguitar is awesome, btw, sorry to bitch)

Tonitrus

A minute or two after writing that, I thought "I bet that's what the 'offset' bit is on import. If that is the case, maybe it should be made a little more obvious? It naturally didn't occur to me that that would be at any way related anytime I've imported anything. (Note: I'm a moron)