Tux Guitar

Problems

Subject Windows XP - no more sound

Joe Fox

I've been playing with TuxGuitar all night/morning and I made a pretty sweet song. But while I'm listening to it with Windows Media Player, I get an alert that asks if I want to update WMP. So, I accept and when it's done it tells me I need to restart my computer. After restarting my computer, TuxGuitar will no longer play any sounds... I don't see how upgrading Windows Media Player could have caused this, but that's the only unusual thing I've done since I made the song. Could anyone help me?

I've already tried installing PowerTab.

Joe Fox

Okay, well I got the sound working... I realized I had to change the MIDI port to "Java Sound Synthesizer". But now, when I play my song in TuxGuitar, the instruments have terrible quality... Can anyone please tell me how to get back the nice, clean quality sounds that I had before all of this started happening? :(

Marvin Chinchilla

yeah, im having the same problem as Joe Fox and also changed the MIDI port to "Java Sound Synthesizer" but it does sound scratchy and bad. if anyone knows how to make this work and is willing to tell it would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Anonymous

this happened to me too...i installed tux guitar...and now it wont play any sound...what do i do

Mike

Same problem here. Yesterday evening it worked fine and now: no sound. I made no hardware or software changes. Any help appreciated!

Julian

Make sure that on your windows sound settings you don't have muted the MIDI devices.