Tux Guitar

Problems

Subject File saved as GPx does not open in Guitar Pro

RC

Greetings

i am trying to save my tabs with TG in Guitar pro format to send them to my guitarist, who uses Guitar Pro (beacuse he's more used to the workflow pieces)

unfortunately, Guitarpro 5.2 gives an error message on opening ...

please help me with some advice what to do or which addons to install

Julian

Hi, what version of tuxguitar are you using ?
Do you have any way to send me the gp5 file ?

You can try post it as a bug on SF.net, where there is an option to attach files.

Anonymous

thx for the fast answer :)

i am presently trying to trace the bug, because some test files seems to open and work without problems...but my larger project contains large "Insert Text" passages to remark changes and suggestions...

i removed those and selected gp5 as well as naming the file .gp5 ... and now it worked...

but: now GP5 keeps restarting at the beginning each time a measure ends and keps up to the next repeat and does this all the time ..

another thing is that the Percussion track is not properly recognized, though it is heared

RC

oh...and i forgot to mention my Nickname with
my post

Julian

> i removed those and selected gp5 as well as naming the file .gp5 ... and now it worked...
Ah ok..
first time you just selected the extension on the file dialog true ??
The extension filter on this window is only a "filter", but unfortunatly SWT (widgets library) don't get the info of extension that user selected.
the only way to set an output extension now is change it on the filename.
if you export Untitled.tg but select "gp5" on the drop down combo, the song will be exported as .tg

> but...
where here i really need to see the file ( orig .tg and exported .gp5 ) to understand exactly what is happening.
however, guitar pro and tuxguitar are different applications, so some features can't be exported at all. and you can lose some info.
it means that sometimes it can happen that you don't see the song 100% exactly as you had before export to a third party format.

About percussion GP supports "percussion" scores while TG not yet.
on tuxguitar, you see the percussion tab/score as a musical thing (using MIDI standard notes )
maybe you are looking the percussion track on GP as a percussion score (as it should be) so you see all different.

RC

Thanks so far, i think i'll get myself a copy of Guitar pro to avoid compability porblems, thoug i'll continue to use tuxguitar because i like some features like the matrix editor and the free-definable shortcuts

but thank you very much for the fast help provided :)

gustyavo

fgffg