Tux Guitar

Suggestions

Subject PDF Quality

DJmankiewicz

It is pretty cool that TuxGuitar can export a track as a PDF, but I noticed that the PDF file is low quality and is hard to read. So it's just a suggestion for the next version. And mabye in the next version, the tablature on the printout will be a little bit bigger. If someone can fix this issue, please reply. Thanks!

Pascal Lemazurier

Hello,

it depend of your system,

i have no problem on windows (alls versions)

tuxguitar works perfectly, previewing, printing and pdf exportation are right.

But on linux (ubuntu 8.04, 8.10 and 9.04 prereleases) i found the out quality not very well, i prefer still printing on windows, i found the caracters too smalls and not enought visible, the pdf out is simply not usable because on the pdf documents created there are juste few notes for one page... for example a sheet printed on paper on 4 pages will be created on a pdf document on 6-10 pages or even more...

DJmankiewicz

I run on Windows XP. The PDF prints, but its quite hard to read.

DJmankiewicz

I run on Windows XP. The PDF prints, but its quite hard to read.

raffamaiden

i also run it on win and the pdf is hard to read beacuse the tablatures are too small

Chucky

Yes, this is an issue. As a suggestion, you could try and make it so that when you export as PDF it will scale automatically. And to be more readable, try enabling antialising for fonts. Thanx !

Boaz

If you export you score to Lilypond (*.ly) format, and use Lilypond to export to PDF, it looks great!

So first, for the meanwhile it's a good solution.

I think Lilypond in GPL as well, so maybe you guys in Tux guitar can use Lilypond compiler to export to PDF?

Thanks,
Boaz.

leo

> I think Lilypond in GPL as well,
> so maybe you guys in Tux guitar can use
> Lilypond compiler to export to PDF?

that would be great! :D

Lu

Or you could use a virtual PDF printer, like CUPS-PDF, available on most linux distributions, and get a good PDF printed without the hassle of exporting to another format ?