Tux Guitar

Suggestions

Subject Tuxguitar in Drop D

playinstringz

Is it possible to chart in the program in a drop D tuning?

boris

Hi, you can already do it by editing track's properties (double click) and then changing E3 to D3 (by the way, I don't know why the tuning is E3, A3, etc, instead of E1, A1...)

zralt

Hi!

It's because it's using the "universal" name for the notes.
For example C4 would be the "middle C" on piano. But someone could tell me what does the offset does? (Guess it lowers all notes, but haven't tried). And what happens if I export it to standard gp format?

And just to stay ontopic, it would be a good idea to tune all strings up or down with a single button.

Julian

The number is the octave of the note.
As zralt says, the C4 is the middle C on a piano.

zralt: The offset is more a play feature.
some MIDI synthesizers, play sounds 1 octave lower (or upper).
with offset you can up/low the sound tones, but keep you tablature.

i mean, if you are playing a C4 note, and you think the MIDI Synthesizer is playing it one octave upper than you heard it on the real live, you can just move the offset -12 semitones ( 1 octave lower ) so then, you'll see the same tablature as you had, but you'll heard sounds 1 octave lower.

> And what happens if I export it to standard gp format?
all features that can be exported to another format, are done. others are just not exported.
this is why when you edit a file on some application it's recommended you save it on the application's file format instead of export it to another.
I don't remeber exactly now what we did..
i think if the offset is grater than 0, it's saved as "capo" on GP file formats, but if it's lesser, it's just not saved.