Tux Guitar

Suggestions

Subject Changing time signature

afro

I've got development version of tuxguitar and I see that changing time signature affects notes in measures. It's very useful, but not always. It would be great to have a choice when changing time signature, to be able to change it without notes going from one measure to another (as it used to be).

afro

I believe it's relatively easy to implement, unfortunately I can't java.

gepomuk

For me it's the same, especially as it makes the markers and repititions later in a song become weird. I think the solution is pretty easy, at least as algorithm it is.

My suggestion is:
there should be a checkbox in the time signature dialog, allowing to chose "preserve later note positions" or "preserve later measure content", the first making TG do what it does now (which can be useful if you want to change the groove but not the number of notes actually), the second doing the following:
1) If the new time signature makes the measure(s) longer than before, just add as many rests as necessary to each measure as necessary to make it "full".
2) If the new time signature makes the measure(s) shorter than before, remove the notes that are "too much" for the new measure.

Both would make shure, that the content of every later measure will remain the same and no notes "go from one to another".
This would be the last thing that keeps me using Windows, so I would be really grateful if this feature would appear in a future version.