Tux Guitar

Suggestions

Subject Slides

Agua

I dont know if this is a bug to be reported or a suggestion to improve the current option, but when you select the "slide" effect on a note of a beat, a little line shows up on the right of the note, but when playing the music afterwards, no sliding effect can be heard; the note just plays normal. Was it intended so, i.e. only as a visual sign on the part or should it really slide the note sound?

Anyway, I want to applaud again here for this beautiful product, very well designed compared to many other tablature products I've seen around for years!

Nicolas Arias

You have to put the note you want it to slide to after it. If you had a 7 on the tablature view and you wanted it to slide to a higher number you would put a higher number behind it.

Agua

Thanks, I didn't notice that. However, I am looking for a slide effect which would just fade out, not one sliding to another note which would be played. Do you by any chance know how one can do that in TuxGuitar 1.1?

Thanks again for the tip anyway.

Julian

No, that isn't supported yet

Aron

Hope this will be implemented soon, it's pretty much the most annoying thing about TuxGuitar.
Various types of slides are needed:

Sliding to/from nowhere,
legato slide,
slides over more then one measure,
Probably forgot some options ;)

Danjo

Yeah, you can do it in power-tab, which is a less advanced program than tux guitar, so it really should be added.

Danielku15

To implement this feature in the future take a look at this piece of code: http://code.google.com/p/guitarsharp/source/browse/trunk/GuitarSharp/GuitarSharp.File/GuitarPro/Gp5Reader.cs#245

For midi generation the different slide types (makeSlide Method) would be a bend using this data:
* FastSlideTo - As current (only faster)
* SlowSlideTo - As current
* OutDownWards - From Note to Note-10 Frets
* OutUpWards - From Note to Note+10 Frets
* IntoFromBelow - From Note-10 Frets to Note
* IntoFromAbove - From Note+10 Frets to Note

Greets Daniel