Tux Guitar

Suggestions

Subject Turning tracks on and off

RustyNail

In Guitar Pro you have the ability to turn tracks on and off, "muting" them, so as they are not heard during playback...
It's a very useful feature, and I don't think it's implemented in TuxGuitar, which is a shame. :-/

Also, a minor issue, being able to signify artificial/natural harmonics over notes, like palm mutes would be very nice too...

Simone Bovi

I agree with him!!

RustyNail

And another thing I just noticed...
when playing a loaded Guitar Pro file, multi-bend notes and harmonics and things ARE played... they're just not displayed... They're there. We just can't see them. They're watching us.. xD

Julian

The mute/solo options already exists on tuxguitar since a lot of time ago.

The effects, are displayed only on the tablature.. do you have it visible ?

RustyNail

Yeah, found the mute/solo options... but they're not in exactly the most convenient place on the UI... having them near the track listing would be a lot more useful...

as for the effects, yes, I have the tablature visible,
what I mean is, that what in Guitar Pro looks like 5 up-and-down semi-tone bends (on one note), in TuxGuitar just looks like one bend... But when playing, all of the bends are played...

Saulo

I complete agrre that the best place to solo an mute a track would be in the track List.

I Also would like to sugest to set the track list to be half it's height, ie, a more compact tracklist.

Jarvis

where is the turn down/ turn off track thing