Tux Guitar

Suggestions

Subject fingerpicking friendly notation

jonandtice@yahoo.com

I think tuxguitar is by far the best tab editor for linux. It has even surpassed kguitar, imo. What would make it truly great is to add functionality such as in the songwrite (linux) or tabledit (windows). For alternating base fingerpicking styles it is nice to express the notation as individual notes. If two strings are picked at the same time (the pinch), usaly the base note might last, for example, 1 beat while the treble note lasts 1/2 beat followed by another 1/2 note treble. This might be a problem from guitar pro, I don't know. Currently the workaround is to just make the base note and the treble note the same duration so the base note becomes shorter than it actually is. I guess in practice it is not so bad to express it in this way, it is still readable and understandable but technically the downside is improper notation and inaccurate midi playback of the piece.
That's what I think.

Anonymous

I agree completely. It would be an excellent addition to be able to do two or more voices on a single track, though.
As far as a work-around goes, I agree on making the base note shorter - at least it get's the tab to come out correctly.

Johnny

jonandtice, I don't understand what are you talking about... Maybe if you send some transcription (text tab, .TG or .GPx file) we may understand each other.
As I understood so far, you need a bass note which lasts 1 beat, and two 1/2 other notes during the bass note. That can be done by linking (tieing) two same bass notes, so its duration is tied. I don't know if this is your problem.

About two or more voices on a single track... It is already done - dead note and harmonics are another instrument... But changing an instrument in the middle of a track is not implemented yet...

JoyFM

i think he is talking about polyphony (en español la polifonía)

Guapo

When you finger pick you use the thumb to sound the bass notes, so you should write the music with (for example) a whole note on the first beat that is on the same beat as say a 1/4 note that leads into the melodic section.

"Let ring" is what it means, and it's not possible to do this with TG right now. =(

Guapo

Actually- you /can/ do this but you have to make a completely different track which makes it hard to read and play from the score.

fede

Polyphony or multivoicing, as Julian calls it in this post:
http://www.tuxguitar.com.ar/forum_posts.html?fid=4&tid=289&view=NEW

It seems that TG version 2.0 will have the multivoicing feature.
I'm looking forward to it..
In the meanwhile, I try to support the project with donations