Tux Guitar

Suggestions

Subject Using TG with Ableton live

Tim

Hi,

I've seen there are some questions about, how to get a custom made sound out of TG and how can I connect my guitar to whatever ......

.... Here is a solution I'm using, and I think on MAC/WIN you can't be more flexible ... maybe you're interested:

MAc:
- 1 Under the onboard Midi preferences of your Mac OSX System create a new IAC Driver!
- 2 Run Tux Guitar, -> Prefernces -> Sound -> choose IAC Driver for output
- 3 run Ableton Live -> create a midi track -> choose IAC driver as Input -> switch monitor to IN -> Put your preferred soundmodule in the the track. now you must be able to here sound from ableton live, with the midi notes from TG.

Windows:
Download the Program LOOPBE1 from http://www.nerds.de
This little proramm is like the IAC Driver on Mac OSX
Follow the steps 2-3 in the mac description.

Tim

P.S. It would be very cool, if I could change the midi channels and TG would send a Midi Timecode and midi clock, so it would be able to sync any other DAW.

Andy

I use midiyoke for Live on Windows. Midi Timecode and Clock would be great. MIDI Machine Control to run Live's transport would be perfect.

Andy

Looks like sndio has been added (www xiph org) to libao: a cross platform audio library. sndio has all the Midi Timecode support. Wish I was a better programmer.