Tux Guitar

Suggestions

Subject export versus printing to pdf

Bart

Hi all, I'm using Tuxguitar to write down some exercises for students of mine, and am making a book for beginners. So I decided to use tuxguitar for writing down the exercises and examples.

I use scribus for my book, and want to have the images in as good quality as possible, it is for printing purposes. So I tested the pdf export plugin, with a remarkable result.

Printing to pdf results in a postscript (vector-based) image, and exporting to pdf with the plugin results in a bitmap based file, on a very low resolution.

I was quite surprised, why a low-quality pdf exporter if you can simply print to pdf in high quality?

Steve

as a very new user I am impressed with the simplicity of use and the host of very accessible guitar notation features

it seems to me by the terminology the program uses (multitrack editor etc) that the focus is on producing pieces for the computer, not so much for players to read from printed tablature

I was disappointed by the low quality of the printed tab and music score, I have tried direct printing (best results) and exporting to pdf and ps (tab numerals too small, resolution low, difficult to read)

top of my list for develpoment would be high quality printing and more control over print layout

Jean

Je confirme l'impression est de très mauvaise qualité