Tux Guitar

Suggestions

Subject "First glance" experience

sashakir

I'm a fan of open source programs and I hate GuitarPro because of its bugs (lots of error messages in french), but TuxGuitar is still pretty "raw" comparing to GuitarPro. The tabulature is hard to read (the numbers on frets are small, etc). I know, I can configure them or fix some sources and recompile, but I have no time for these experiments and I think it should be user-friendly by default...

And despite of its plugins, TuxGuitar still misses some major features - 1) bends are not displayed (just a sign of a bend instead of its detailed view like in GuitarPro) and 2) I can not select parts of the song using the mouse. Of course I can go to playback settings and enter the first and the last bar, but it is way too unfriendly...

Where's the open source community? I believe there are a lot of software engineers - guitar players. Are they too lazy to implement these features?

sashakir

Also playback speed percentage (75%, 50%, etc) was VERY useful in GuitarPro and is missing in TuxGuitar

guitar_maniac

The playback speed percentage is in there :) press F9 or go to Player => Play mode and you should find it.