Tux Guitar

Suggestions

Subject GP5 RSE support

lost

Hello, developers team!

My name is Victor, and I wanna see GP5 RSE support in TuxGuitar.

I am a developer. I'm writing in C#. I used Java only once in university. But I think I can help.

I've already done some research on RSE bank format. It appears to be an ordinary fmod sound bank.

Thus, I'm ready to add RSE support to TuxGuitar. I can write sample manipulation code, but I need someone to show me what sould I do to integrate it into TuxGuitar (or even write integration code).

Please, email me lostfreeman@gmail.com

warcry

I don't know so much, but perhaps you could "convert" RSE files to sf2 and then you could use that files with Timidity/Fluid Synth and finally... in TuxGuitar.

Julian

You could write a software synthesizer plugin, but what would be the difference than using fluidsynth or gervill ?

The story here isn't really the "engine".. it's more about the sound samples, that we have to "buy", or record the 127 MIDI Instruments.

So in other words, if you make this job, users still will think that the sound quality is poor... just because they will heard same free samples as now.

Saaz

This is one feature I think would give TuxGuitar the professional touch.

The beauty of the Open Source community is that everyone can pitch in to their bit to the best of their ability.

Regarding RSE, if a framework is created than I'm sure that there would be many who could pitch in record the 127 MIDI instruments. I for one definitely would.

So here requesting Julian and Lost to work on this even if with one instrument to begin with.