Tux Guitar

Suggestions

Subject Suggested changes for new releases

the dude

i open this one for posting sugested changes, new plugins and so... for the new release

ycollet

The first one:
- the drum notation (like what is done in nted).
And then:
- the da capo thing
- 4 voices tracks for guitar (currently only one is managed). Rename the buttons A,B,C,D instead of 1 and 2. And add an option to display each track with a different color.

YC

Anonymous

The ability to select/copy/cut/paste sections of a measure rather than just the whole measure would be nice.

ycollet

a mixer dialog with the name of the instruments for each tracks.
Today, I must count to locate which track corresponds to the guitar and which one corresponds to the drum track.

Kerry

I noticed that when you change the number of strings, it resets your tuning. To me, an average user, this is a bug, not a feature. Perhaps have a drop down list of various tunings to select from, and have it not reset your tuning when you change the number of strings.

Here is a feature I would use every day:
The ability to transpose a measure or several measures up or down X number of frets. Extremely useful!!

Thanks, I love Tux Guitar and use it every day.

Ulukai

Great thread, I second some of the ideas above:

1) Show the instruments name in the mixer dialog. Counting is pretty lame ;)

2) I only use Tuxguitar to learn to play the guitar, so I often go back to a certain point (note) in a song to start over a certain part, but it always starts playing at the beginning of the selected measure, not the selected note.

And a little bug I found in the mixer dialog: when you put the gain of the mixer tracks or the master gain control all the way up (10), the slider shows an empty value (the slider is not colored) and when you put it on almost off (e.g.1) the slider is almost completely colored. So it should be the other way around :)

Ben

I use TuxGuitar not only to read tabs but to write my own songs, and it's very nice to be able to synthesize a whole band if I want. Props for a great package.

I think a feature that would just be amazing would be to have some tuning presets, so I can just drop down and select "open E" or "Drop-C" or "Drop-C#" from a menu instead of fiddling with the separate tunings for each string. A user should be able to create his own presets too, if he wants to use anything really weird. That would be fairly awesome.

olog hai

an scale editor/creator instead editing the scales file would be nice

Anonymous

Another thing: I am writing exercices using tuxguitar.
Having the possibility to add line breaks and page breaks is really needed.

YC

Etienne

I would suggest a free-play mode when using the fretboard.
I am using it to write tabs from songs I am listening when I don't have my bass with me.
So, I would be able to click and play on the fret without building chords (especially when playing the bass héhé)
It should be just a little checkbox "free-play mode" when all you play on the fretboard is not kept to put on the score, no dots appear on the fret, nothing, except that the sound plays.

For me, this would be a VERY nice feature.

For the moment, the only way to do it for me is to play with this : http://www.victorwooten.com/labs.html -> click on "Thump Around" and you have a fretboard where you can just play on it.

Very simple isn't it, but so useful.

Thank you very much.

Julian

i'm not sure if it's a good idea to have a "suggestions" thread while we already have a section named suggestions..
i think that each suggestion should be a new thread, so it's easier to discuss it, or associate an URL to a suggestion...

mr penguin

hi folks,
I think the most urgent thing tuxguitar needs is a more professional looking notation. OK, lead sheets done in Guitar Pro look pretty unprofessional as well: The notes are too small (one can't change the size) and the font sucks as well.
In Finale/Sibelius you have lots of fonts, but a good jazz style (Real-Book-like) would be just about enough for me... it needn't be many, just one or two good looking ones!
Why can't tuxguitar in one discipline be better than Guitar Pro? I know it's a lot of work, but once done, tuxguitar would be easier to use than Finale & Co. - and if one could manage that one can't distinguish whether a piece was created using Finale or tuxguitar, then tuxguitar has won.
But as it is now, one can't really arrange a peice of music in tuxguitar and take it to a gig/session for other musicians to sightread, because it's not good to read and looks pretty cheap...otherwise the program does work very well!

neansm

Real-Book is hand written why don't you just do that?t

neansm

I suggest a "portable app" version it would be great to have it work from a USB stick. luv the prog tho

Mauro

It would be REALLY nice to have the note names at the staff, like Finale does:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJGstrBTIE4

At minute 1:25

ycollet

Another idea:

Add a track without tablature and without guitar constraints for piano.
This track should be a "dual staff treble + bass".
The problem with guitar constraints is that when you want to add two notes one above the other and when these notes are very low, then tuxguitar refuses to add these notes because of the strings constraints.

ycollet

Improve the rhythm rendering.
For example, triplet and sextolet have a 3 and 6 below each notes which is hard to read. They should have a 3 and 6 above the middle note of the group.

ycollet

Add a playlist: add a menu where you can "store" several files and play them in a row

ycollet

Add multiple note "grace note".

ycollet

Don't forget the "midi recording" thing too :)

YC

El tAbU

This has already been said, but the ability to select/copy/cut/paste sections of a measure rather than just the whole measure is pretty essential for me!
I use it for transcribe, is very nice, well done guys! thanks a lot!

El tAbU

Also, yesterday happened to me that i was transcribing Paco de Lucia, with the headache this brings, and having a while without saving my progress i decided to erase some measures resulting in me deleting the hole track by mistaken Measure for Track in the right click menu... 0_0!
luckily I could rewrite everything again since it was fresh in my mind and i had time ahead...
Having a question window like "are you sure you want to delete one track?" or something like that may have work for me realizing what I was about to do...

Julian

Please, as i told before!! don't use one post to post multiple suggestions!!, lets keep one page for each one, just use the "Suggestion" forum and click on "New Topic".
Its impossible to make tasks discussions in a future with this post.
we just can't discuss about the second comment, if the third talks about a different subjet.

El tAbU: This is why "Undo/Redo" buttons exists.
now it's to late, but if you would press "Undo" after remove the track, it would be back without have to rewrite all again.

tguser

I suggest to put an 1&2&3&4& before the song starts so i could begin to play along in time, instead of having the song play immediately

Anonymous

Having the ability to select a measure, or part of a measure, and allowing the notes to 'ring out' would be a great fundamental feature to have for any arpeggiated chords chord or classical work. This is a common feature in Powertab and GuitarPro.

Anonymous

TuxGuitar being able to open .gpx files would be great, .gpx is the default file format for Guitar Pro 6 so an update that makes TuxGuitar .gpx compatible would be nice

otisct

the addition of 8 strings would be lovely, making it so each track doesnt have to follow the same measure timings and speeds

Motya

An option to display 24 fret fretboard would be nice.

Clarky

Move the "quick save" button away from the top menu bar, or get rid of it completely. Iv accidently clicked save when meaning to click undo.

Clarky

Some form of RSE like guitar pro 5, but with better metal/distortion and drum sounds (Guitar pro‘s suck!) wat about a wah pedal?

Doper One

Ability to export midi as wav, as usually when i export as midi, it only does half the song very annoying!

Clarky

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK CHEERS GUYS! TUX GUITAR RULES!!

Anonymous

Definitely drum scores.

Anonymous

What about a programmable fx rack, where you could set fx only to certain bars on one track. Like wah on solos or clean to distortion

Malcolm Braganza

Thumbnails for each component for new users!! Thanks

John A

ability to use 2-note and 3-note grace notes :)

Clarky

Have your little tux character up in corner actually playing along with the notes! or playin the drums... Hilarious!

CLARKY!!

A "DEATH METAL" SKIN!! (skulls, blood, jagged guitar shapes and script+BLACK EVERYTHING!!) DEATH METAL!!!

Anonymous

LF-The christian shoes is an insanely popular brand. It is why many online retailers the famous genuine ugg boots and selling them at incredibly low prices. It has become a problem for Winter boots. These cheap Christian lacroix are made with synthetic materials. I recommend carries christian shoe in all sizes, they offer free shipping. womens edmonton ugg requires. Ugg boots do cost more, but they are of much higher quality. ugg boots still turn heads. If you are wearing Authentic Christian louboutin online.

Barbour Kids Jackets

ZY-The quilted jackets barbour tough to choose in between ugg snow boots and Just UGG Women's short boots. barbour quilted jackets They are extremely comparable in construction and physical appearance but there are two barbour jacket I have determined among the two brand names of UGG Men's boots and barbour jackets for ladies.UGG Kid's boots look to have a thicker lining inside the barbour jackets than their counterpart so possibly will be a bit.They are also about womens barbour duffle more affordable generally .

Anonymous

Template Monster website templates, Flash templatesmonster beats studio and web design products of the highest quality with fast, easy, and affordablebeats pro by dre website and other famous for the production of solutions. The best part about thelady gaga heartbeats template simple-template customize a little bit, then you buy the package, upload it to a host. There-when your site some time in the selected web site from the moment the template! TemplateMonster design, selecting the Web provider every time products, basic and monster beats turbine propremium quality products and services, so that a large set of secure, immediate.

Friedel

1) Left hand fingerings next to the notes is urgently needed
2) Please fix 1/32th quintuplets :-)

weining

Why do Goyard tote bags we go goyard bags to these goyard tote for sale lengths goyard tote replica for you? Simple. goyard handbags Over goyards the goyard tote replica past 15 goyard tote bags buy years we’goyard tote bags for sale ve seen goyard tote bags st louis changes goyard tote bags barneys in this goyard tote bags price industry goyard st louis tote replica that would goyard bags replica knock goyard bag online your goyard tote bags white socks goyard pairs off – both sac goyard good goyard barneys and bad. In goyard price our goyard online business, we goyard need to goyard tote be on goyard handbags online top of goyard bags online every goyard.com change Christian Louboutin replica out Fake christian Louboutin there to Faux Chrisitan Louboutin ensure Christian Louboutin replica boots our Replica christian Louboutin customers red bottom shoes are well Christian louboutin imitation taken knock off christian louboutin bootscare of christian louboutin replica handbags and christian louboutin boots 2011completely louboutin shoes satisfied. christian louboutin sale shoes That’s christian louboutin for less our shoes christian louboutin promise christian louboutin on sale to you – buy christian louboutin complete christian louboutin shoes cheap satisfaction christian louboutin discount shoes or your christian louboutin daffodile money back christian louboutin replica daffodile when you Designer handbagsbuy replica Replica Handbags watches.And Louis Vuitton replica for over Replica Bags 20 years Replica bags uk we’ve pioneered designer handbags purses unbelievable designer handbags for cheap advances in designer wholesale handbags an industry designer handbags discount that’s been designer handbags for sale tainted by designer handbag sale the phrase top designer handbags fake watches.Why best designer handbags do we say designer handbag online tainted? Because designer leather handbag the term fake designer bags for less almost always discount designer handbags outlet mean “junk.” And designer handbags discounted we never accept junk here.Rolex is a world famous Watch company, but not every one has got the money to buy Rolex watch, so for them there is the option of Rolex Watch Replicas. For buying Rolex Watch Replicas it is necessary to go to a good and reputed shop as they can offer such Rolex Watch Replicas that are quality wise sound.