Tux Guitar

Suggestions

Subject Display the current tempo :)

shizzum

a tiny fix that would help make this program rock! speed training would be that much smoother if the user could see what his current tempo was. if a song is played at 180 beats per minute and i find that i start to trip up at 140 then i'll start a simple loop at around 140. however i have no way of knowing what tempo i'm at while speed training in tuxguitar, unless of course i am mistaken.

shizzum

oh also, the new speed trainer is great! it would be even better if you could select an incomplete part of a measure as opposed to being restricted to having to play the whole measure. i might want to highlight the 3rd 8th note in measure 1 all the way to the 4th 8th note in measure 2 and skip playing the first two 8th notes in measure one and the last 4 in measure 2. i suppose i could just make a new bar at the end of the song with a funky time signature and copy the pieces into it but that's not very baller!

Anonymous

Have you tried the metronome in the player?

shizzum

I know this isn't a trouble shooting forum but perhaps I'm doing something wrong. I don't know how to get the current tempo to be displayed during speed training. Admittedly, I have no idea what the numbers like "960" on the "Show Player" pop up screen mean and cannot find any information on it. Any help would be appreciated.