Tux Guitar

Suggestions

Subject Printed size of staff, chord diagrams, and tab

JohnE1

They print too small, even on the highest quality the numbers on the printed tablature are horrible. The tops of zeros are cut off.

The chord diagrams are too tight, the black dots are out of proportion with the tiny diagrams. Please make them bigger! (At least on the print-outs.)

The size problems start with the spacing of the music staff and the tablature staff. The lines are just too close together for print-outs. For on-screen, the size is fine, but not for print-outs.

I've tried increasing and setting various Font sizes in the Settings, and nothing helps.

Even better than larger set sizes, would be the ability to control the size of the staffs and chord diagrams on the print-outs.

Thanks!!

letcana

I have the same problem.

I tried several things. One solution is to import to lilypond. You can change size there and the quality is nice. The problem is that some guitar notation (hammer ons...) disappear.

letcana

I meant to export to lilypond.

Anonymous

That would be great if I knew how to use Lilypond. That adds a whole other layer of steps to the process of getting a simple print-out. I appreciate the tip, don't get me wrong; I'd just prefer a solution within TuxGuitar.

John

hungry_pete

I agree - the whole package is brilliant apart from the print out bit. It would be nice if the distance between the lines on the staff either responded when you adjusted the note font size, or could be customised to preference. It would also be great if the thickness of these lines could be reduced as they are way too thick!

I'm still only running version 1.1 (from the ubuntu repo) - has this been changed for 1.2?

Oliver

I totally agree to your point of view. Indeed, printing is not usable for the moment because of these limitations.