Tux Guitar

Suggestions

Subject Better support for notation and G/F clef use

zoso2

Some of us guitar players can actually read music notation and I find it much faster to click the notes in on the staff instead of typing fret numbers on the strings but TuxGuitar isn't very user friendly for this approach.

here are my suggestions to improving the usability of tuxguitar as not just tab software but notation software as well.

* Include a Grand Staff option - notating piano parts is extremely painful when you have to create 2 separate tracks for treble and bass

* include a faded/grey note under the mouse when notating in the staff so you can actually tell where you note is going. 8 times out of 10 I have to remove a note, move my mouse up a few pixels and then put the note i actually wanted in because there's no way to tell if it's going to end up the line or the space right below.

* this is unrelated to the previous suggestions but it would be great if you could have more than one instance of TuxGuitar open at a time. it really sucks when i can't just copy and paste notes from one project in one window to another project in another window.

tehdog

Hi,
those are the most important issues for me, too.
Just now I wrote a part in one file, and wanted to copy&paste in the whole piece in another file, but wasn't able to do it. Is there another way apart from typing it again?

zoso2

there is no way to copy and paste between tuxguitar files that i am aware of

zoso2

i just discovered there is a way to paste between files. you copy the measures in the source file then open the destination file and paste the measures.