Tux Guitar

Suggestions

Subject Sharps and flats in the score

NiGlCh

One suggestion I would like to make is that TuxGuitar NEEDS to handle sharps and flats correctly in the score (especially for people looking to print and play their music live). This seems like a rather big thing to overlook, so please inform me if I'm wrong about this (I'm new to the program still). For example, if you were making a song in the key of C and entered a G# at the start of a measure, a second G# does not require (nor should show) a # sign next to it. All other G's are then understood in that measure to be sharped unless naturalized, which brings me to my next point. Now let's say that you wanted to add a G (natural) at some point after that G# also in the same measure. The G natural would then of course need to show the natural sign to avoid being interpreted as a sharped note, yet TuxGuitar does not do this. It would also be useful to be able to pick whether a note is shown as sharped or flatted (i.e. C# vs Db).

Thanks!

Branco

I agree...
Same situation, (I'm a TuxGuitar newbie)
Same needs and suggestions.

Thanks.

hyperion

I fully agree, this is a MUST HAVE feature :)

shoun

I'm in the key of C and for example I need a Bb and not a D# how to do? Please help me.

shoun

sorry....Bb and not a A# or similar...

Nico

Fully agree! A must have!

Jay Lee

One vote from me too to have this implemented.