Tux Guitar

Suggestions

Subject What is the current development of Tux???

Anonymous

Other than donations none of us are paying for Tux, so the developers don't 'owe' us anything, but it'd be nice if Julian or someone would at least put a sticky at the top of the forums or a note on the homepage with some info about the current development of the program

baseman_2008

There's currently no real development of TG. That's at least what version control system tells me. Last actions were about six months ago. I hope Julian is still interested in TG and won't drop the project. I hope for a revival for this great project.

Yesterday and today I wrote two (more or less) useful patches an uploaded them to the project page at sourceforge. I hope any "core" developer will give some feedback.

leo

at least the current version is still running (more or less) well... but it would be sad if tuxguitar were abandoned :S

Tord

Yes, I wish Julian at least gave us a sign of life..

Anonymous

hopefully, the '2.0' version of tuxguitar under heavy development ;)

but there is also a 'powertab clone' being done: http://www.ptaforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=33771&start=255

Alex

@baseman_2008:
I downloaded your patch, but how do I run this patches?

Anon 2

http://sourceforge.net/projects/tuxguitar/
^The Sourceforge page in question.

Perhaps the Tuxguitar project could be forked, at least for a time... It'd definitely be a shame if it were just abandoned. The first couple of pages of "tuxguitar fork" don't show anything relevent, but perhaps my Google-fu is weak.

I'll make another post here if anything comes up or if I decide I'm confident enough with Java to try implimenting a few patches for people to try. (Unlikely)

Alex: The patch makes changes to the source code. Source code has to be compiled (turned into a program that can be run by the computer). So, to make a version which included baseman's patch, you would have to download the code, apply the patch to that, and then compile it using a program like GCJ.