Tux Guitar

Suggestions

Subject Tuning Presets

George

I love tuxguitar, but this is something that really bugs me so I thought I'd suggest a solution here. Perhaps someone could even teach me an easier way around my problem.

Any time I want to change the tuning of a tab to match my guitar (rather than go through the hassle of changing tuning with my floating bridge), I have to select each track and un-tick the transpose affected notes box, and then adjust each string one by one. For pieces with many tracks this can be a chore! Is there a way round this? If not I would like to suggest another drop down box that can select presets for tunings, for example drop c, open d, etc. Perhaps you could also save and recall your own alternate tunings, and/or be able to quickly set a master tuning for all tracks. This would really help me out and I'm sure many others too! Cheers!

Anonymous

After you select a track, instead of adjusting each string individually through the drop-down box, there's an 'Offset' drop-down box to the left that will adjust the pitch of all the strings as a group.