Tux Guitar

Suggestions

Subject C++ Version

Michael Bushey

I would like to be able to run Tuxguitar but I run Linux. I have actually had Tuxguitar running, but unfortunately this is not exactly a repeatable procedure. The only think reliable about Java is it's instability and inconsistency. While seeing a Java app actually run is a rare occurance, pdftk is a project that is a mix of Java and C which gets compiled with gcc/gcj. Compiling pdftk has never been a problem and it has always been rock stable. Currently Guitar-pro (from a technical standpoint of speed and reliability) under wine is a superior solution compared to Tuxguitar.

Auria

I agree i do not think java is the best platform.

However, unless you are running some paltform not supporter by Sun, your claims are not very fair and it is much more likely that you are not installing/running it correctly.

Why not post the problem instead? BTW a C++ was planned last time the matter was discussed but it may take a very long time.

John

Exactly what is the matter with Java? It's fast and easier to debug that C++, so what's the actual problem with the Java implementation?

bhelyer

In my opinion it would be a complete waste of effort to rewrite a working code base; though I agree it is fiddly to set up, it is do-able. Perhaps the effort would be better put to use on streamlining installation across platforms?

me

Is a c++ (tuxguitar++) still plannend?

Marco

I hope they won't lose their time in the development of a C++ version, since this one is pretty good.
After all, Tuxguitar doesn't need too much resources to work :)
Bye.