Tux Guitar

Suggestions

Subject Web Applet

Solarfingers

I love your application. It reminds me of Tune Guitar's tab program I purchased several years ago. I've been using Powertab since but am tired of using the virtual PC to run it in Ubuntu.

What would really make Tuxguitar the cat's meow is if you were to create an applet to play and display tabs in the Tuxguitar format. This way we could create and teach using tab online... Added bonus if the fretboard display were included but just the tab and a player would be great.

What kind of bounty would you take to make the applet happen?

Just a suggestion. Thanks for the hard work.

Bob Dietz ?;O)
www.beadguitar.com

Johnny

Well.. it needs a lot of work. TuxGuitar relies on IBM SWT for GUI display, not on AWT/Swing. So that means all GUI components need to be rewritten.
Additional layer in TuxGuitar architecture is needed (universal GUI wrapper), so then TuxGuitar can implement GUI for SWT (desktop PC), AWT (applet, online), Swing (for sado-mazo) and probably other implementations for various pocket devices - which can be even more interesting.

It's a hardcore stuff.
Hey, this software is open source - if someone wants to do it, feel free to join and create a development branch...

vondip

Hi all,

Wanted to see... Is there anything new in this topic?

if someone is interested in rising this idea as a mutual project please contact:

dr.yaffe (at) gmail.com

Julian

We have something done, it's the applet that we are using in the community page, but it's only a "viewer"
we didn't make it as editor, because the .jar size and the time it take to load.
there is also a java web start version on this community page. that is full tuxguitar, built for java web start.