Tux Guitar

Suggestions

Subject Lilypond Exporter

Roger

I really like TuxGuitar's Lilypond Exporter. I have used it for several tabs now. I just wish it could export chords and lyrics. I understand that development takes time :) and unfortunately I am not a java programmer. The most advanced thing I can do is change the exported header information to set the tab staff more to my liking. I am slightly competant at manually editing Lilypond source files and have been able to add chords and lyrics that way. Would there be interest in a tutorial on how to edit the .LY files that TuxGuitar produces? I "may" start working on this (my free time is very limited).

Julian

Hi,

> I just wish it could export chords and lyrics. I understand that development takes time :)
Yes that features aren't supported yet, but they will be..

as you say about the times, on this 1.0 version, we wanted have some new file-format plugins (lilypong, musicxml, tef ). that new plugins can only import/export the standard notation.
but make sure is planned expand that plugins features.

> Would there be interest in a tutorial on how to....
Well i'm trying this days to write FAQ about tuxguitar plugins ( there are nothing "visible" yet )
and i'll write about lilypond too..
but write a lilypond manual, is very hard ( it support a lot of features ).
i think would be better add a link to the official lilypond documentation:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.10/Documentation/user/lilypond-big-page

Thanks for the suggestions.
Bye

Roger

>i think would be better add a link to the official lilypond >documentation:
>http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.10/Documentation/user/lilypond-big-page

The Lilypond docs are great and there's no need to duplicate their work :-) Btw, the version 2.11 docs are reorganized. Imho they're much better.

I was thinking more along the lines of trying to help out people who would never try Lilypond without a program such as TuxGuitar to use as a front end. Likely the TuxGuitar user base is more knowledgeable than average (afterall Tux at least ties with linux even though it's cross-platform java).

Anonymous

I really like the lilypond export function. Makes this program very much usable!

thanks and I hope this function will become better and better! Success!