Tux Guitar

Suggestions

Subject Suggestion: Mute Button for MIDI Tracks (Playback)

Telemaster

Hi tuxguitarreros,

enjoying tuxguitar and really working with it now (what a great program!), I found one feature that would be nice: mute selected tracks.

While trying some alternative harmonizations, I have the "standard" chord harmonization I made previously. Now I want to work out a harmonization easier to play that fits better in the Band's overall sound.

It would be a blast to be able to mute out one track or another to hear if it sounds better now ;-) (Our inofficial name is "cacophonians anonymous" :-D )

My workaround currently is running two instances, and listen to them alternatively.

Is this an easy thing to add?

Cheers,

The Telemaster

Johnny

It is planned for future releases (and also to single one track), but for now the easiest way is to turn the volume down for the wanted track in the mixer, effectively muting it. :)

Telemaster

Hello Johnny,

whoa, there it is! There are the cute little "Mute" checkboxes. I have not checked the Mixer yet, works fantastic, thank you!

ThX & Cheers,

Peter

Julian

Johnny.. mute/solo options was already included a lot of time ago (since 0.5) on tuxguitar :)

Johnny

:) I don't remember that feature.
Anyway, my idea was to insert buttons on Table component (bottom of the main window, where the instrument list is), because it might be used more often (during playback).