Tux Guitar

Suggestions

Subject Upstroke/downstroke

Torquil Sørensen

It would be useful to be able to specify if a note is supposed to be played as an upstroke or a downstroke. This is especially useful for guitar exercises.

nadako

Also it would be cool to be able to set stroke speed (not to play all chord notes at once, but with little intervals, just like you play on the real guitar). AFAIK, Guitar Pro has this feature.

Sorry for my English. I hope you understand what I mean.

DrMario

yeah I agree, it does need something to let you specify if a note is to be picked up or down.

Also nadako, if what you mean is picking the chords like in the song "when September ends" than I hope that gets added also.

Falco101

I'm working on composing an album using mainly tux guitar for witting sheet music and previewing my songs. The one I just finished I used a cord at the very end and wanted to strum it slow. So as sort of a work around I took the notes in the cord and wrote the note from the chord out as quarter notes, not quite the same, but pretty close. You can do the same thing for picking, just figure out what notes in the cord you are playing and add them as regular notes in the measure.

Julian

Upstroke/Downstroke feature is already implemented on Development version. this feature will be available on next tuxguitar-1.1 release

GlassPrison68

May I ask when do you think 1.1 will be released?