Tux Guitar

Suggestions

Subject Template measure or group of measure

Gilles Z.

Hi,

This functionnality is one of my dream ;)

The problem : when you write a song, some measures (1 measure or 1 riff) occurs in multiple place. When you modify one riff, you need to search each all of them and modify each one.

The solution : my proposition is the ability to insert a reference of a template every where in the song. This template could be one or more measure (if you generalize it, a template is almost a song, without title and some information). With this, you can construct your song by inserting a serie of template. And naturally, if you modify the template, all reference will be modified.

Cheers,

Gilles.

Johnny

I am not sure about templates, especially references...

But simply "copy beat" is a good idea. Long time since I wrote last tab, but yes, that option is missing a lot (in GP too).

Gilles Z.

What do you mean by 'copy beat' ?

Why don't you like references ?

I'm sure it can be very efficient, with this functionnality, you really can write and maintain some tabs quickly and reusing some patterns (for exemple, i wrote the same drum's patterns a few time, in the same song and in other songs).

I'm aware that it can be a big functionnality, and it's not simple to explain all my mind in few lines.

I imagine this with a 'template library editor', where you can place your riff (one track or multiple track) and after you simply reuse it by a drag'n drop action on the tab (for example). So, you could choose if you want a reference or just a copy when you drop the riff ...

So, it can be very complicated and a long job to program it, but i really think it can be very efficient.

Best regards.

Gilles.

Johnny

"Copy beat" option would be to cut/copy/paste all the notes played in the same time (same beat). So you can copy whole chord and paste it in the same duration on any other place.

Part of measure (several beats) could be also nice.

"Library stuff" I don't find very usefull. Drum patterns... mmm, still I'm not convinced. With copy/paste beat it should be really easy to implement it, but I don't think it's worth it.
You have to pack loads of stuff into that library to be usable in a real scenario. Hard to maintain by user.