Tux Guitar

Suggestions

Subject Bass Cleft option

John

I realize that for the guitar the option to have two staves is not really necessary... but the more I play around with this program I am realizing that it could be so much more than just a guitar application.

Using the piano roll, a pianist or any other musician could use this program to to write or print music from MIDI files by exporting to Lilypond.

Maybe if an option to use two staves on a track were available the possibilities would be expanded for musicians other than guitarists to actually "see" the music they are trying to play on both staves at the same time.

*Another suggestion* If the above were possible, and tuxguitar were expanded to include the pianist also... maybe an option to toggle between "guitar mode" and "Piano mode" coulde be available which would contain presets for all the necessary options.

Ingeon

Feel exactly the same.
Excellant app.
I like both piano and guitar and would love to see this added!

John

The Virtual Piano would have to be made larger though... the one included with Tuxguitar now doesn't have enough keys :)

ludenus

> for the guitar the option to have two staves is not really necessary

what about bass guitar? it actually supposed to be written in bass clef.

John

You have the option to change the clef for each track, so if you are notating the bass guitar you could simply change that track to the bass guitar.

You can also change the number of strings the fretboard displays and the number of strings on the tablature. I'm not sure if the tuning is appropriate for the bass guitar though.

MJD

How are you supposed to change it to bass clef?? =( I can't find it anywhere.

Julian

Go to "Composition" menu, and select "Clef" option

MJD

Wow that was a fast answer, lol.

Okay, looking...

Psh, how could I not have seen that? lol Thank you so much! I feel like an idiot now. =P