Tux Guitar

Suggestions

Subject Altering tunings

Sam

Hi,
When you change the tuning on something already written, the score (and the midi) change but the TAB does not. Any suggestions?
Thanks for a great piece of software.
Sam

Sam

After a little more playing, I have a lucid suggestion now. It would be nice to be able to change the tuning and have the TAB update and the score not change - ie, so you are able to play the same piece of music in an altered tuning. I can see how this may be difficult though.
Thanks again for a great programme - definitely an example of open source software that is, at least, as good as the alternative.
Sam

visitor

I'd like to see that feature! Or maybe it's already hidden on some menu?

Julian

Well this is something to do,
But maybe we didn't made this feature yet, because there are some points to think..
suppose that we start with this feature.
i have a note at fret "5", and after low a semitone, this note is moved to fret "4"
this is ok..
now, what to do, if you have a note at fret "0" of 6 string, and you low a semitone ? fret "-1" is not a valid tablature note...
show we remove the note ?

this is maybe the big question, all suggestions are welcome.

nvb

Julian, I'd like to have this feature too. With regard to the 0-Fret problem I think this is the user's responsibility. I would simply mark the corresponding note in red and write a red -1 or a big X on the tab.

N4ppul4

so all you want is that it would not automatically transpose.

yeah it would be better if it asks about it